What is Vishwa Jyoti?
VISHWA JYOTI means Light for the world and it’s goal is “Bringing Light to the World full of Darkness” It is a Godly response to the crying need among the poor and down trodden of empathy, practical expressions of love, care and service to enable them to overcome poverty, exploitation and oppression and become productive, honest, sincere and hardworking citizens of our great nation India
Who is Vishwa Jyoti?
VISHWA JYOTI’ is a register organization, for the welfare and development of the weaker section of the society, formed by a group of like-minded people whose heart beats for the poorest of the poor, destitute, orphans, widows, and widower and neglected of the society. However, the organization is working among the destitute people of the remote, (countryside) interior tribal belt and different part of Odisha and beyond including the Himalayan belt since 1979. However it came to limelight only after its registration under the society registration Act.1860. Formally as Vishwa Jyoti in 1994 and it is now working as the torch bearer to lead the backward, weaker section of the society, to reach with the living light to the dying humanity and lead the multitude towards the light of knowledge, good and evil, self-reliance, awareness etc. With the general objectives to
Objectives of Vishwa Jyoti
- Restore the dignity and self respect among the poor and marginalized
- Enable the poor to take decisions to change their destiny and be transformed to become what humanity wants them to be
- Creating awareness for the need for Literacy in order to achieve transformation
- Bring awareness about health and wellbeing in the families and communities
- Enable them to develop appropriate practical skill towards having livelihood that leads them to self reliance
- Inculcate values such as love, service, sharing & caring for each other, honesty and good citizenship
- Build awareness about the basic facts of life that leads them to fullness of life
Vishwa Jyoti is pursuing the above mentioned objective through the following initiatives
Distributing food to the poor students under the supervision of our founder Mr. Patab Pani
- Raising awareness on various socially appropriate issues among women, children and men periodically in all targeted villages.
- Establishing education centres in each village for both adults and children.
- Conducting health awareness camps.
- Conducting programs and activities to restore the dignity and self reliance among widows and widowers through practical assistance
- Conducting leadership training among the youth.
- Running an orphanage to provide opportunities to the orphans in remote tribal areas to access education for their own all-round progress
- Running an English medium school in order to provide quality education to the orphans as well as to all the other poor and needy
- Providing assistance to the poor to enable them to improve agricultural productivity.
- Installation and repair of safe drinking water sources and also for irrigation.
- Providing financial assistance to the poor for improvement of their livelihood through cultivation, livestock rearing
- Asssitance to improve their economic condition.